Homemade Kashmiri Chili Hot Honey! Kashmiri chili powder is the star ingredient that creates this red-hued honey that is sweet and spicy.
- 1 tsp Neutral oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder or 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ cup Honey
- Take a small saucepan and heat on medium-low heat. Add oil and garlic, to the saucepan and saute until the garlic slightly softens.
- Add the honey, kashmiri chili, and salt and stir to incorporate. Allow the honey mixture to warm and turn off the heat when you see the honey slightly bubbling on the sides of the saucepan.
- Drizzle honey on pizza, toast, or fried chicken. Once the honey cools, you can store it in a mason jar or airtight container and leave it out at room temperature. If the honey becomes too thick, simply reheat it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to loosen it up.
- You can store the hot honey for 1-2 months in the fridge or on the countertop. If the honey becomes too thick, simply heat it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until it loosens enough to drizzle.
- Keep an eye on the garlic when you saute it. You want to make sure it doesn’t brown too much or burn because it will impart a bitter taste to the hot honey.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Kashmiri Chili Hot Honey