Homemade tamarind water is a two ingredient recipe that is so easy to make and will add a complex sour and sweet flavor to your Indian cooking.
- Tamarind Pulp (10g)
- 1/2 cup - Hot Water (160F)
- Add tamarind pulp to hot water and allow it to soak for 10 minutes
- Once the water is cool enough to touch, squeeze the tamarind pulp in between your fingers until the tamarind water turns brown. It is ok if the pulp breaks down as you squeeze it.
- Using a strainer, strain the water mixture into a small bowl to get the filtered tamarind water that is ready for use. Use the tamarind water immediately for the freshest taste or refrigerate for up to a day until you are ready to use.
- You can purchase tamarind pulp online or at your local Indian store. It will be sold in a large, dehydrated block.
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Ingredient
- Method: Infusing
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Homemade Tamarind Water for Indian Cooking