Rose chai is a creamy and floral Indian spiced black tea with rose water, cardamom, and fennel seeds for a sweet and delicate flavor that isn't overpoweringly rose-y.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan on medium-high heat. Add cardamom, fennel seeds, tea, and sugar; allow the spices and tea to steep together for ~2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add milk and stir. Allow the milk to boil, foam, and rise, which should take 5-7 minutes. Once it starts to rise, turn off the heat. It is important to keep a close eye on the pot, or the milk may overflow. Turn off heat.
- Add rose water to the chai and mix. It’s important to add rose water once the heat is turned off, as the flavor of the rose diminishes with heat.
- Using a tea strainer, pour tea into cups, making sure to divide equally. Add more sugar to taste.
- You can substitute 1/2 the amount of rose essence for rose water
- Add rose water once the heat is turned off or else the flavor of the rose will diminish
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Rose Chai | Indian Rose Tea with Milk