This is a no-churn pista or pistachio ice cream that has flavors that are reminiscent of Indian kulfi but uses store-bought condensed milk to achieve the creamy texture of ice cream.
- 1 cup of shelled, roasted, and salted pistachios
- 16oz of heavy whipping cream
- 14oz of condensed milk
- Using a sharp knife, use a rocking motion to roughly chop pistachios.
- Add heavy cream to a large bowl and whisk until it forms stiff peaks. You can alternatively use an electric beater or stand mixer, but be careful with these two methods as whipped cream can quickly be over-beaten when not done manually.
- In another large bowl, add condensed milk and ~1/3 of the whipped cream and whisk until they are throughly combined and homogenous.
- Add in the remaining 2/3 of the whipped cream and fold it in with the remaining mixture until it is homogenous. Folding instead of whipping at this stage ensures that the air in the whipped cream remains which will lead to a creamier pista ice cream.
- Add ~3/4 of the chopped pistachios and fold it into the mixture.
- Transfer mixture into a freezer safe container with a lid, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 of the chopped pistachios on top, cover, and freeze for 8-10 hours.
- Scoop and serve in a bowl or on a cone!
- Check out the Frequently Asked Questions section for commonly asked questions
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Churn
Keywords: No-Churn Pista Ice Cream with Condensed Milk