This spicy and herbaceous cilantro mint chutney is the perfect Indian condiment to spread on sandwiches, dip your samosas in, and drizzle over chaat!
- 1 bunch - Cilantro, stems and leaves
- 1 cup (30g) - Mint, leaves only
- 3-4 - Garlic Cloves
- 1- 2 - Thai Chilis, deseeded for less spice
- 2 Tbs - Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp - Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp - Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp - Kosher Salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup - Water, plus more as needed
- Add cilantro, mint, garlic, Thai chilis, lemon juice, cumin, sugar, salt, and water to a blender and blend until the chutney easily falls from the spoon, but is not completely smooth. Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of water if the blender struggles to mix. Taste for salt and adjust.
- Use immediately, or refrigerate in a tightly covered container for up to two months, with an added layer of lemon juice to help prevent oxidation and help preserve its bright green color.
- This chutney will last in the fridge for up to 2 months. Adding a layer of lemon juice to the chutney helps preserve the color of the chutney for a longer period of time.
- Taste your chutney and make sure it is seasoned properly with salt to your taste.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Spicy Cilantro Mint Chutney