Elachi chai is a strong black Indian cardamom tea with milk. Its star ingredient is green cardamom powder which creates a sweet and floral black tea.
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon loose leaf black CTC tea
- 2 tablespoons of sugar, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan on medium-high heat. Add cardamom powder, tea, and sugar; allow the spices and tea to steep together for ~2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add milk and stir. Allow the milk to boil, foam, and rise, which should take 5-7 minutes. Once it starts to rise, turn off the heat. It is important to keep a close eye on the pot, or the milk may overflow. Turn off heat.
- Using a tea strainer, pour tea into cups, making sure to divide equally. Add more sugar to taste.
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Elachi Chai (Cardamom tea with milk)