This Indian nachos chaat is the perfect crunchy and saucy vegetarian appetizer that perfectly mixes American cheesy nachos with bright Indian flavors.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Take two quarter sheet pans and add a single layer of chips to the bottom
- Sprinkle ~1 cup of Mexican cheese over the tortilla chips.
- Evenly distribute the drained chickpeas, diced onions, diced tomatoes, and chaat masala over the chips.
- Use the remaining cheese to cover all the toppings.
- Put the chips in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted over the toppings.
- Drizzle streaks of mint chutney and tamarind chutney on top of your nachos right before eating and enjoy while hot!
- You can really add any veggies of your choice to these chaat nachos. The ones listed are more traditional for chaat and nachos but create your nachos based on your preference!
- If making this for a crowd, you can cut veggies and make the sauces up to two days before the event. I prefer to make smaller sheet trays of nachos so I can pop a new tray in when the last tray is finished. This leads to fresh batches of nachos with hot and melty cheese.
- I've linked below store bought varieties of chutneys if you prefer to buy them instead of make them.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Indian Chaat Nachos with Cheese